sell music online Quantcast

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Seasons

     The last two years of my life have probably been the hardest I have ever had, dealing with massive disappointment and batteling depression and serious health issues. I found myself constantly saying "well if this had not happened" or "if this person had never done this" or "if I was in this position" or "if only I could be doing this" I was constantly looking at the what ifs and the shoulda-coulda-whatas! :) I was looking at past seasons in my life and wishing I could relive them or looking at what God has told me I would be doing in the future and wishing I could go there now rather then later. I found myself refusing to accept the season I was in even wanting to ignore advice from my pastor. If there is one thing I am learning from this experience though is to accept and charish the season you are living now. It's a daily learning process but if you allow yourself to wait for God and His timing then disappointment seems to fall to the waste side.


     When you refuse to accept the season you are in..it's like trying to stay awake at night and sleep during the day...It's like your body is always behind. When you want to sleep you can't and when your awake you want to sleep. It's backwards. You can't function in a normal life living while everyone else is sleeping. Instead we need to accept the time and place for everything. Night is time for sleep/rest. Day is for living, being awake. Just as there are seasons so our lives have seasons that we must go thru. Refusing to accept this does us no good but only keeps us in a constant state of disappointment. The key is knowing the timing of God for your life. God lives by timing and does things in his own time not in ours.

     Eccl 3: 1-8....1There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven-- 2. A time to give birth and a time to die; A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted. 3. A time to kill and a time to heal; A time to tear down and a time to build up. 4. A time to weep and a time to laugh; A time to mourn and a time to dance. 5. A time to throw stones and a time to gather stones; A time to embrace and a time to shun embracing. 6. A time to search and a time to give up as lost; A time to keep and a time to throw away. 7. A time to tear apart and a time to sew together; A time to be silent and a time to speak. 8 A time to love and a time to hate; A time for war and a time for peace.

     When you know the timing and season you are in then you can enjoy everyday as it comes instead of always looking for the next season. I'm reminded of how everyone looks forward to the Holidays and the snow that comes with it...everyone says, "oh I can't wait for the snow I hope it's a white Christmas" but then the holidays are over and everyone can't wait for the snow to be gone but the sad thing is there are still 2 good months of snow left! ;) Looking forward to the next season in life is a good thing though as it keeps us moving forward, gives us renewed hope for what that season will bring. Learn to accept and appreciate the season you are in rite now, learn to walk in God's timing for your life not trying to rush it or slow it down...Live your life rite now, don't wait for the future or let it stay in the past...God's timing for you is rite now in this very moment...enjoy it and allow Him to move you.

1 comment:

Glorybesuperstars said...

Hi Anna! As a new user to this whole blogger business I had to click on your little "follower" picture left on the Glory Be site and WOW! all I can say is you are REALLY talented. I had know idea that little Miss Anna could belt out a tune so so beautifully. I LOVED reading your blog. You are so insightful and inspirational. Glad I took the time to "visit". And don't be surprised if I pester you up to come on in and sing for us at Glory Be. That would be fantastic. Loving your music.
Miss Paula